This morning I preached at York Center Church of the Brethren. Here's what I said! Scripture: Matthew 14:22-31 22-23 As soon as the meal was finished, he insisted that the disciples get in the boat and go on ahead to the other side while he dismissed the people. With the crowd dispersed, he climbed the mountain so he could be by himself and pray. He stayed there alone, late into the night. 24-26 Meanwhile, the boat was far out to sea when the wind came up against them and they were battered by the waves. At about four o’clock in the morning, Jesus came toward them walking on the water. They were scared out of their wits. “A ghost!” they said, crying out in terror. 27 But Jesus was quick to comfort them. “Courage, it’s me. Don’t be afraid.” 28 Peter, suddenly bold, said, “Master, if it’s really you, call me to come to you on the water.” 29-30 He said, “Come ahead.” Jumping out of the boat, Peter walked on the water to Jesus. But when he looke...
Scripture : Psalm 46 In and Out Help me to remember to breath, Lord. In Out In Out I get nervous, In Out I get apprehensive In Out I start chasing my own tail In Out I take on more than I can chew In Out Like caffeine running through my veins I get jittery I get anxious My stomach churns My brain ticks on What did I forget? What comes next? What am I trying to catch up to? In Out In Out You are my breath, O God. Help me to remember to breathe. Pause to Pray, Rachel
Scripture : Ecclesiastes 3:1-20 Every Moment I've hit that point, God, Where I remember that I need you. It's not that I forgot, I just start to go numb with the knowing you'll always be there. It's not that I want to be tested, It's definitely not that I want bad things to happen, But I know you are there when they do. I take you for granted on the good days But I need to remember you on more than the bad. Thanks for sticking with me through the ups and downs the good and the bad For better or for worse, We're in this together. Love & Appreciation, Rachel
Comments
Post a Comment